When you need to earn college credit, but can't get to campus, LSU can help. Our distance learning solutions allow you to access course work on your schedule from wherever you need to learn. Use the credit you earn toward a college degree, for professional certification, or to gain specific knowledge to achieve your own educational goals.
Each course earns credit from Louisiana State University and is equivalent to the same course taught on the LSU campus. We work closely with LSU faculty in developing every course and adapting the objectives to a distance learning environment.
- Online Distance Learning (ODL) brings the next generation of distance learning technology to our students. All you need is a computer and an Internet connection to complete your course from anywhere.
- Enroll anytime and work at your own pace in Independent & Distance Learning (IDL) courses. Our large array of undergraduate general education courses can fill gaps in your degree plan using web-enabled and print-based course formats.
- LSU Continuing Education offers Certificate Programs so you can earn the credit you deserve. Complete a series of courses related to a specific content area. Certificates can demonstrate your commitment to learning and lead to enhanced opportunity. LSU does not offer a college degree through distance learning at the present time, but LSU courses can be used toward degrees offered by other traditional and nontraditional degree programs.
- While credit should be transferable to most other institutions of higher education, if you plan to apply distance learning credit to a degree program, you should check with the institution granting the degree about distance learning and transfer credit policies before beginning this or any other distance learning program.
- Louisiana State University and A&M College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Louisiana State University and A&M College.